The brand-new ET Series, from GoodWe, is a three-phase high voltage energy storage inverter that enables enhanced energy independence and maximizes self-consumption through an export limit feature and time of use shifts for reduced electric bills. Covering a power range of 5 kW, 8 kW and 10 kW, the ET Series allows up to 10% overloading to maximize power output and features Uninterruptible Power Supply Function (UPS) to inductive loads such as air conditioners or refrigerators with an automatic switchover time of less than 10 milliseconds, providing savings when the grid is up and independence and security when it is down or compromised.
• Enhance self-consumption: During the day, the electricity from the PV array is used to optimize self-consumption. The excess power charges the batteries, whose power supplies the loads at night. By utilizing storage, the self-consumption can reach up to 95%.
• Benefit from peak shaving: By setting the charging and discharging time, the battery can be charged using the electricity generated at off-peak rates and discharged to fulfill the loads during peak hours (if the grid regulations allow it).
• Provide backup for critical loads: Connected to the backup side of the inverter, loads such as refrigerators, routers, lamps, computers and other critical appliances can be powered when the grid fails. The system can automatically switch to backup mode within 10 milliseconds.
System Wiring and Operation
The hybrid inverters are the core of the energy storage systems and they are integrated following elements into one unit: MPP trackers, power inverter, battery charging & discharging function, BMS communication & by-pass & backup function. GoodWe´s hybrid portfolio is a perfect fit for a great number of residential and small commercial scenarios.
There are three basic modes that end users can choose from the PV Master App.
• General Mode: At daytime, the power generated by the PV system is used in the following order: First, feed the home loads; second, charge the battery and third, export the surplus power to the grid. At night, the battery powers the loads. If the power supply from the batteries is not sufficient, the system is designed to switch automatically to the grid in order to keep the loads supplied.
• Backup Mode: Under this mode, the battery is only used as a backup power supply when the grid fails and as long as the grid works, the batteries won’t be used to power the loads. The battery will get charged with the power generated by the PV system or from the grid.
• Economic Mode: The customer is able to set the battery charging and discharging times according to the grid peak and off-peak tariffs and the household power consumption habits.
download - pdf